• The project aimed at increasing the resilience of watershed systems and communities through using the ecosystem and farmer field school approaches.
• It focused on enhancing wetland services to the communities as well as promoting appropriate adaptation options to sustain people’s livelihood.
Participatory management planning using the following tools
• Community and resource mapping
• Transect walks
• Problem and livelihood analysis
• Stakeholder analysis, visioning and matrix scoring
• Participatory implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Functional farmer fields schools established.
• Watershed Management Plan developed.
• Better access to water for crop production through establishing small scale irrigation demonstrations and household water harvesting facilities.
• Increased tree cover through tree planting and use of energy efficient stoves.
• Soil and water conservation measures promoted.
• Knowledge and skills on watershed management imparted.
Presented By: Guteesa Teopista
Works as: Senior Environment Officer, Luwero District/Uganda